Dave and I will be doing an in-depth podcast on our 2014 B-Fest experience soon but I thought I'd throw some quick thoughts out there.
- Megaforce was a true gem of awfulness. It joins Samurai Cop as one of my favorite bad movies.
- Just because a movie was made "for kids" doesn't mean it gets a free pass to suck or crap all over something people love. I'm looking at you, Super Mario Bros.
- Old and cramped theater seats are possibly the worst place to spend the majority of 17 hours in a row.
- Ann-Margret, who I'd previously only seen in Grumpy Old Men, was quite the looker back in the day.
- Anyone lamenting the inevitable "death of cinema" clearly hasn't watched many films from the '50s or '80s. If the film industry survived that; it can survive damn near anything.
- You can only eat so much junk food before your body demands a true meal.
- I don't see how someone who isn't a masochist would pick extreme cold over extreme heat. At least when it's 100º outside I don't have to wear 4 layers of clothing, worry about my car not starting or sliding off the road, and feel physical pain while simply attempting to walk to get some lunch (which I then eat with a frozen face and fingers.)